Thursday, June 21, 2012

Hong Kong: where to live? (rent vs transportation)


Hong Kong: where to live? (rent vs transportation)?
I'm not sure which is a better option. I'll be moving to Hong Kong for work soon but I'm not sure where to live. Keep in mind that I'll probably work in Hong Kong Island, and I party, and I don't have a car. Should I: 1) live in Shatin, where the rent is cheaper, will take MTR to work and such, but will have to take like a taxi home when it's after hours (after partying). or: 2) live in Hong Kong Island, where the rent is more expensive, but is closer to everything. With the public transit expenses conversely proportional to the rent, is it still more economical to just pay a bit more in rent to live in HK island? (keep in mind... the after hours when MTR is closed)
China - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
HK island, for sure. I used to live in TST and that was okay, i took the MTR most of the times, but your right, after 2 ish, buses stop running, and the MTR fisnihes, and Taxis are the only option, and to be honest, it all adds up in cost! My friend lives in Sai Kung, way out in New territories, and she has to take 2 buses, MTR, then another bus to work.! and she hates it! Its time consuming because in traffic, and peak hour, you are stuck for ages. I recently moved to HK island where it is more expensive but its very conveinient. You can rent a small place near Aberdeen, Ap lei Chau as those places tend to be cheaper for rent, and smaller as they are not so central . There are buses that go everywhere nearby, central, causeway, stanley, it is very convienient.! HKISLAND! hope that helped