Monday, May 14, 2012

Can I rent a car in the USA (California) with my Hong Kong Drivers License


Can I rent a car in the USA (California) with my Hong Kong Drivers License?
I'm an American expatriate living and working in Hong Kong. Since I live here my California DL has expired and since I cannot get it renewed unless I am living there... I need to rent a car on my three week vacation to there. Is it possible to rent a car in California and Nevada with a Hong Kong Drivers License? and are there any stipulations I should know about?
Other - Destinations - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Foreign driving licenses are valid in the USA so you should be able to do so. However, some car rental agencies require an International Driving License even if the national license is in English (so check).