Saturday, July 7, 2012

If I go to Hong Kong on a tourist visa and then find work do I have to then leave Hong Kong


If I go to Hong Kong on a tourist visa and then find work do I have to then leave Hong Kong?
Plan to go to Hong Kong on a tourist visa (as a UK citizen can stay for up to 6 months). Then hope to find work and sort that out in Hong Kong - would I have to leave Hong Kong? If so where would I have to go? Macau would be OK.
China - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
You should be sort out things easily if you got a job in Hong Kong. For more actual information, you can see here, or give HK immigration a call to ask about: http://www.immd.gov.hk/ehtml/id991.htm As far as I know, Hong Kong is more than happy to take talented people. If you have a B.S. degree or up, they are more than happy to see you working in HK.
2 :
If a foreigner is offered a job in Hong Kong, the employer ought to be able to sponsor him/her for the working permit, while the permit is being processed you could remain in Hong Kong. Hong Kong has entered an agreement with some countries like Japan, Germany, Canada etc for respective citizens working up to 1 year visa free in Hong Kong and vice versa, not sure if your country has entered a similar agreement with the Hong Kong Govt. As Hong Kong is quite an expensive place to live, it´s better to first secure a job there before pulling up your root. Check www.discoverHongKong.com and good luck!
3 :
I'm surprised you need a visa to visit Hing Kong As an american I need no visa to go to hong kong. I do need one to visit the mainland. But as others have said to stay you will need the help of your employer. They will need to provide letters stating you job title and approx length of employment.