Wednesday, March 21, 2012

I'm american working in china, my wife is in Hong kong. she is from philippines. i want to bring her to china.


I'm american working in china, my wife is in Hong kong. she is from philippines. i want to bring her to china.?
She works in Hong kong but after we are married she will come here to live with me. how can i do this. I have work visa here in china she lives in Hong kong now, can i petition her to be added to my visa,?
China - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
One Word: Airplane.
2 :
It sounds like your fiance has Filipino citizenship. She can bring her Filipino passport to the China Resources Building in Wan Chai and apply for a Chinese tourism "L" visa. Fiances are not eligible for immigration-related treatment, the way spouses and children are. In addition, even if you do get married, the fact that you have different nationalities may produce issues if you try joining her visa application to your existing business visa. I'm not saying that it can't be done, only that it may not go smoothly.
3 :
I would suggest that you get a letter of invitation from your employer, stating that you are full time employed and submit it with a copy of your marriage certificate to the Chinese office in Central. I have heard of Filipinos having to get their visas back home in which case obviously you would have to do it that way. A copy of a contract showing where you intend to live in China would also probably be beneficial to the application.
4 :
after marriage you will have a certificate which proves you two are hubby and wife so you will need to make a request in the place you work in case you have it stated in your contract... make sure they employer lets you bring family members coz some don't and even the fact of marriage will change nothing in this situation...