Saturday, May 14, 2011

Should I accept a job in Hong Kong (no work visa at fist... must work as tourist)??? HELP


Should I accept a job in Hong Kong (no work visa at fist... must work as tourist)??? HELP?
Should I accept a job in Hong Kong (no work visa at fist... must work as tourist)??? HELP? I was offered a job in Hong Kong after sending my resume. However, I was told that I would be on probation for 3 months, but with no work visa, as a tourist (it is illegal to work as a tourist in Hong Kong) In case the employers want to hire me after the probation period, then they would start processing the work visa. Now, it's a good work opportunity, but I am not sure if it is too risky living and working without a work visa. The salary offered is not too good (about HKD15,000), and they do not cover any expenses related to my rellocation to Hong Kong. Please help so I can decide soon. Thanks!!!
Other - Careers & Employment - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Don't work as an illegal worker, and 15000 HKD is like nothing to live in HK which is one of the costliest place on earth.
2 :
Under those conditions even though it may be a better job, I dont think that I would risk it if I was you. But then again I am not you, you need to do a pro and cons list and see what that highlights and you may find a better job where you are. Good luck.
3 :
don't do it. I've been looking into working there too. there is plenty of genuine jobs there, with employers willing to do it right and treat you well from the start. just keep looking. You do not want to break the law in a country where you do not understand the language, law or culture.