Monday, February 14, 2011

Should I accept a job in Hong Kong (no work visa at fist... must work as tourist)??? HELP


Should I accept a job in Hong Kong (no work visa at fist... must work as tourist)??? HELP?
I was offered a job in Hong Kong after sending my resume. However, I was told that I would be on probation for 3 months, but with no work visa, as a tourist (it is illegal to work as a tourist in Hong Kong) In case the employers want to hire me after the probation period, then they would start processing the work visa. Now, it's a good opportunity, but I am not sure if it is too risky living and working without a work visa. The salary offered is not too good (about HKD15,000), and they do not cover any expenses related to my rellocation to Hong Kong. Please help so I can decide soon. Thanks!!!
Immigration - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
no.............
2 :
It's illegal, right? They'll set you up and have you over a barrel, knowing that if you flinch, you'll go to a Chinese prison. Don't be an idiot (or a slave)!
3 :
You answered your own question: 1. it is illegal to work as a tourist 2. they want to hire you AFTER the probation period. (nothing in writing on their end I'm sure) 3. too risky living and working without a work visa. 4. salary offered is not too good 5. they don't cover any expenses ..... What don't you get??