Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Will PS3 games that I buy in Hong Kong work on my PS3 back in South Africa? And will they be in English


Will PS3 games that I buy in Hong Kong work on my PS3 back in South Africa? And will they be in English?
I am going to Hong Kong next month, but I'm scared of buying PS3 games there and then they won't work on my PS3 or that they'll be in Chinese.
Other - Games & Gear - 5 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
The game will work as the PS3 can play any region games. As far as the language it depends on the video game, check with your supplier.
2 :
ps3 games are all non regional - i would imagine you would have english as an option at least but it could be that it is in chinese/cantonese whatever initially.
3 :
Normally it's in chinese. I bought some games but faiiiil. -.- but you can check with the store your buying them from.
4 :
OMG FIRST SOUTH AFRICA IVE MET ON YAHOO!!! I used to live in knysna, western cap close to George and Plett ^^. I dont suggest buying ps3 games from there because I remember buying ps2 games and you neeed a special chip to play them >>" And of course they are going to be in chinese because imagine they sell english games in a Chinese speaking country I dont think the natives will be very happy XD So Yes dot risk it. WOW stll amazed I moved from SA to Belgium and Ireally miss it :) Well I hope this help and have fun in HONG KONG Hope thi is the best answer :)
5 :
ps3 is not region encoded so any game from any region will work on any ps3, but as of language, you need to make sure that the game supports multi-language and most games from hong kong are in japanese so i might ask the seller before purchasing anything.