Saturday, February 21, 2009

Do Phones from Hong Kong work on tmobile


Do Phones from Hong Kong work on tmobile?
So I’m about to go visit Hong Kong and I was thinking about buying a new cell phone while I’m there since they’re cheaper and have a greater variety, but how do I know whether or not they will work when I get back to the US. I know it’s not as simple as placing the sim card in the new phone. I am on the t mobile network. Any advice or tips will be very helpful.
Cell Phones & Plans - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Actually, it *is* "as simple as placing the SIM card in the new phone." A HK phone that uses a SIM card will work on U.S. networks that also use SIM cards. Your biggest concern is getting an adapter for your charger that will fit in North American wall sockets. Those are cheap and sold everywhere. You shouldn't have to worry about getting one that converts voltage. All cellphones I've seen can be charged in either a 110V or 220V socket.