Tuesday, August 21, 2012

living in Hong Kong


living in Hong Kong?
well what i wanna know is could i get a job in hong kong im at uk and im a teenager and wen im older want to work in hong kong. For my GC's i tooken food and engineering. i speak chinese but cannot read and write so my question is could i get a job if i had around C's in gc's and worked in hong kong.
China - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
you might want to learn English first. At the moment I doubt you could get a job anywhere.
2 :
Nothing is impossible. HK does offer great amount of job opportunities as the City's economy is picking up fast along with China's. The competition for a good job is fierce though and one has to equip with excellent skills and good working attitudes in order to compete well in the labour market. Nowadays many well qualified students and employees from mainland China eager to work in Hong Kong too. You could get a copy of the Saturday edition of the South China Morning Post in any major Library, Chinatown stores or in the Hong Kong Representive Office located in London, loads of jobs are being advertised on the paper, you could have a feel of their requirements. Good luck!
3 :
You said you speak Chinese, but you didn't specify Cantonese or Mandarin. I'd guess you probably learned Mandarin (普通话, pinyin: Pǔtōnghuà, since you said you couldn't read Chinese) since most schools in the US teach that, so I'm assuming schools in other countries do too. If so, it probably won't be much use to you in Hong Kong, most people speak Cantonese here. I'm just barely a teen, but I recently moved to Hong Kong (family of expats from the United States), so I could probably help you out about the practicalities of living in Hong Kong, but not about finding a job. I'd guess that it would help if you knew what type of job you wanted, though. You could probably get 'a job' anywhere in the world, if you try hard enough, but you might have some trouble getting a good job/jobs in certain fields around here if you don't speak Cantonese, though. Just out of curiosity, why do you want to move here? PS: When talking about yourself, the letter 'i' is capitalized 'wen' isn't a word, did you mean 'when'? There are apostrophes between the I and m in 'im" 'uk', 'chinese' should be capitalized 'hong kong' is capitalized, e.g. 'Hong Kong' 'wanna' isn't a word, do you mean 'want to'? 'tooken' isn't a word, do you mean 'took', or 'have taken'? There is a space between 'can' and 'not' in 'cannot', unless you mean 'can't' I assumed you meant that you meant "could I get a job in Hong Kong if I had around C's in gc's" as your statement asked whether you could get a job if you worked in Hong Kong. Therefore, your question presumably should have been worded: Well, I want to know if I could get a job in Hong Kong. I'm a teenager in the UK, and when I'm older I want to work in Hong Kong. For my GC's I have taken food and engineering. I can speak [Cantonese or Mandarin] but can't read and write in it, so my question is if I could get a job in Hong Kong if i had around C's in gc's? Just some friendly spelling advice from a 13-year-old.