Friday, January 21, 2011

I bought a PS3 from Hong Kong but after bringing it to the U.S. 2 games don't work..


I bought a PS3 from Hong Kong but after bringing it to the U.S. 2 games don't work...?
The 2 games worked in Hong Kong but not here and I tried playing the games on my friend's ps3 and it works just fine but I'm still having the same problem. However, when I tried a japanese game it works perfectly. I was wondering if there is a region lock or if my PS3 has a problem. If my PS3 does have a problem can I have it fixed in the US even though I have a 1 year free warranty in Hong Kong? Additional Info: The 2 games are Call of Duty 4 (U.S. Version) and Grand Theft Auto 4 (European Version).
PlayStation - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
PS3 systems have a region block. I know we have to buy games from the US to play on our US PS3 in Australia.
2 :
not sure about this. i might be your playstation3. there is a rumor going around that the GTA4 is making some playstation 3's crash.