Saturday, November 7, 2009

What do I need to do to make US electrical items work in Hong Kong


What do I need to do to make US electrical items work in Hong Kong?
I have a laptop, printer, monitor, and external hard drive that I will use regularly. so far my computer seems to be working just fine using a power adapter but I'm sure I need to be doing more. We also have a four lamps (one floor, three table) that we'd like to use.
Laptops & Notebooks - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
u need to buy machine there that has a box and it has cords u plug for every kind it costs like 30 bucks
2 :
There are two types usaully, one is just a adpater another has a transformer built in to step voltage down from 220 to 110... Be very carefull plugging anything in without the step down transformer. Most laptop p/s have autoswitching to 220volt, be sure to check all other items. Usaully a voltage range is printed on the plug. Most of asia uses the 3 square prong style.