Sunday, June 14, 2009

Will a cell phone from China work in Hong Kong


Will a cell phone from China work in Hong Kong?
Will be traveling to Hong Kong from Chengdu China. Have a phone and SIM card that works throughout the mainland but don't know if it'll work in HK.
China - 5 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
no it will not work you may need to buy a paid sim card or check with your phone company and ask them
2 :
Last September I had to travel from China to Hong Kong to get my new work visa. I was able to send and receive messages with no problem. I didn't bother to call anyone; just sent messages. I have China Mobile service.
3 :
If you have a prepaid China Mobile SIM card you can ask for Hong Kong roaming. Unicom has also SIM card that give you local 2 phone numbers in HK and CN. Alternately, just buy a new SIM in HK, will cost you from HK$50 or so upwards.
4 :
The sim card will not work. You can just go to a 7 eleven to buy a prepaid sim card.
5 :
If you re using Mzone by China Mobile, you can go to their outlets an ask them to configure your phone settings to call and receive calls,text,within hk or even to china.I enjoy all these features the moment I step in HK-China boundary.