Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Hong Kong, only about work


Hong Kong, only about work?
I hear one who lives in Hong Kong, will spend 90% of their time working, is it possible to live in Hong Kong and work normally and enjoy the rest of your time? Thank you.
China - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
The competition there is a lot greater than the US, so those in Hong Kong who want to get ahead in life really have to work ALL of the time it seems. It's not survival of the fittest but survival of the smartest. As for wanting to work 'normally' and have a good life, working for a global business, like Nikon or IBM is the best bet.
2 :
IF you are that lucky to have such an understanding boss, too bad in HK, it's almost impossible, be it the expats nor the locals. If you find one who really cares about their staff well-being, let me know. Most (shall I say 99.9999%) of the bosses won't care as long as they get whatever they watned on their desk. My other friend, European boss, ask the staff to have all presentations on desk by 0845 the next morning, this request was made at 1845 the evening before. When my friend said she has an urgent appointment, boss said, "of course, by all means go home, just give these to me by 0845 tomorrow morning!!" Forgot to mention, this presentation took about 5 hours to finish. Anyway, most of the staff from this department work from 0845 - 2300, five day a week. Some even has to come back during the weekends, Saturdays & Sundays. One more thing, this is an European company.
3 :
Agree with boo wholeheartly!!!! Officially I work 5.5 days a week but I work whenever I need, I travel whenever I have to.